Mouth Watering Pumpkin Pie!

As we're about to close out the lovely month of November what better way to say farewell than with a fresh, homemade 



...



I discovered this recipe on Thanksgiving day actually and have been dying to try it out since I'm a total pumpkin pie lover!

So yesterday when the kids were being a little much and I could feel myself burning out at only 10 in the morning we gave it a try.

It actually became a perfect cooking class recipe for the kids as well which was an added bonus! I love when they're able to help me in the kitchen and this particular recipe was such a hit that it will be going into Kim's cookbook!

Alright, so here's the link to this awesome pie
...

What drew me to this version of pumpkin pie was that instead of using condensed milk or evaporated milk it used eggnog!
Now I don't know about you guys but I don't normally have condensed milk or evaporated milk in my pantry (Fail?) but I did happen to have eggnog in my fridge per usual this time of year which made me love this recipe even more. I also tend to have pumpkin puree on hand all year round too since we're just that big on pumpkin over here.
Pumpkin bread in August happens here for sure!
I just love when I have all the ingredients I need for a recipe on hand without having to run out for something last minute. 
Don't you?


Here's all our supplies! Minus the salt because I forgot to add it to the picture.

I used to be a big fan of Libby's pumpkin products but this is one of those organic items I insist on.


Getting the kids involved! Their favorite parts were the pouring and mixing of course.



 After everything was mixed in nicely I taught Kim how to go around the crimped edges with a fork. It reminded her of that part in Snow White when the little birds do this with their feet!
So cute!




While the pie baked for an hour, James got to have his first sip of Nog! He quickly chugged the whole mug and promptly asked for more ha ha! That's my boy!



After an hour the pie came out of the oven and I set it to cool on the counter for a few hours. We didn't get a chance to have a slice the same day so we dove into it this afternoon after making some fresh whipped cream to go with it! By the time I was able to take a picture this is all that was left!



Also if anyone's curious, my trick for quick, fresh whipped cream is using the blender!




Well there you have it! This pie tasted amazing and I really take my hat off to the subtle eggnog flavor, it really makes it super festive!
















2 comments:

Search This Blog